10/28/07

Weekend update. Pictures

My pal sent me an awesome package. In this package were all the fixins for an obsession start up. A BOOK....A crochet book about SOCKS!!! So now I can join in all the reindeer games and wrap my noggin around socks with the rest of the fiber world.

Booooooook. Loves me some books. I collect vintage needlecraft books and have recently gotten some new crochet and knitting books but this is awesome. I might even be able to make a few of these patterns. Now, if I can just manage to make a pair...2 that look alike. A minor miracle.

Yarn stuffs. She sent me a skein of some luscious Opal in a color called petticoat. Yes, there is some of the dreaded pink in it but I think I might be able to live with it. The colors combine to make a mighty morphin power sock! Truely, a lovely color. I think my daughter would love socks form this. Left to my own devices it might have been turned into a bunch of little wallets.

She also sent a nifty set of stitch markers that my creature took off with before the borrowed camera could be used and a lovely bamboo hook in a size F. Now I have a back-up just incase I loose the first one. And I could even carry it with me to the store and such. Never too many hooks, I say.
I have some other new pictures to put up, btu that will have to wait just a bit. I had to acknowledge my pal and her truly thoughtful gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! Glad you like the package. I hope the pink doesn't bother you TOO much... I thought I remember reading somewhere that you didn't mind pink in veregated yarn.

~Secret Pal

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.