8/12/07

Touch it, touchie touchie

Went to a real yarn store for the first time yesterday. I spent over an hour touching the wools and cottons and wishing I could move in. Had bamboo yarn in my hands and had to restrain myself from making a pile to roll around in. I love my hunny.....He decided to humor me and asked me to make him a hat. I made him pick his yarn. He has good taste. I am still recovering from being in a place with that much yarn in it. There is only one real yarn store within 150 miles of me. even Michaels, JoAnne's and Hobby Lobby are about 120 miles from me. I have been stuck with the local wal-mart and the leavings at the thrift store for so long that when he told me where we were going I nearly had a heart attack..... REAL YARN STORE. with wool and cotton that isn't overpriced and off brand? WOW. Not only that but you are going to LET me buy some yarn!!!!!!
I bought one skein of a beautiful blue chunky wool to try to felt, one small ball of a chocolate brown wool that screamed at me and a shein of variegated cotton to make a bag with. Then hunny got his yarn. Nearly black worsted weight wool that will make a wonderful hat and be yummy to work with. Le sigh, now I have to wait for another couple of months before we might be able to make it back. I know, I will knit and crochet a little slower....Right, like that will happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got out to a real yarn shop. Enjoy your purchases! I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my yarn shops right by me!!

~Secret Pal

Storm said...

Thanks. I really enjoyed it. Now that I know what it takes to go there I
might demand the privelage for special occasions, like birthdays and
such....Not just mine though, the whole family's birthdays.(=

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.