8/8/07

SP11 Questions

For those that might be curious, and for the SP11 group. And if you have *ANY* other questions, feel free to ask though I reserve the right to not answer or to answer in either a sarcastic or extremely vague way. (=

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am texture conscious. I love smooth cottons and fluffy boucle. The fiber content is not so much an issue just as long as it isn't rough texture or one of those acrylics that feels crunchy or greasy.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use a bag that I made and lined with felt for my hooks and I have a toiletries travel bag that I store most of my needles in. I have my DP N's and my short needles in another bag that I made.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Knitting has been about 4 years and I would classify myself as intermediate. I know how to use a cable needle but I'm not up to intarsia (yet). Crochet on the other hand, I have been doing for approximately 15 years and I can read and understand most any pattern, which doesn't mean I can make them. I am mainly freestyle or patterns in my head. The largest thing I have made is a shawl.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other on line wish list?
Yes and I will put up a link to it and tag it appropriately.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Amber resin
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
More of a savory. Peanut butter cups, Peppermint Patties, Caramel and Coffee flavored candies.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Um. better to ask what I *don't* do but here goes. Just about anything relating to paper though I haven't yet made any of my own yet, if you want specifics please ask. Jewelry making (earrings, necklaces and bracelets made with glass and stone beads) and repair. Polymer clay beads, sculpture and covering things to make them look pretty. Sewing , both new things and repair of old. Cooking.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
80's, dance, "classic" rock, Musicals, Jazz ..... Ok, how about just saying ... Not country or rap please. Just about anything else I would be happy to listen to at least once. Yes my computer is my stereo and video center. This way I can watch something besides Disney rated shows.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Jewel tones. I don't like neons or pink. I adore Variegated yarns and can even enjoy pink in them, just not on it's own.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with a daughter. No pets at the moment.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Depending on the weather, yes. Since it does actually get cold enough for about two months out of the year here.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Knit... Scarves, hats and pouches. Crochet... Hmmm. Favorite would have to be pouches and potholders, but I'll try anything with a hook.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Nothing on the needles right this minute but crocheting bags like mad.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, when there is thought behind them.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Straight, Double pointed bamboo. Short bamboo needles. Bamboo hooks. But I like them all. I even have an old (really) set of Boyle aluminum interchangeable point circulars that I adore because they came from a friend. I use them for hats and they work beautifully. Anything interesting and unusual. I would love a bamboo G though. (=
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Not yet.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
After a couple of months I give up and frog them. Currently I have a scarf that I have been working on for two weeks but I am going to keep at it till it is finished.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn (ha ha). Vintage suitcases. Buttons. Frogs, Lizards and Turtles. Craft Books. Patterns for all my fiber related crafts.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would like to try a hardwood hook. I would like to try real wool yarn that has a label and I am not just guessing at the contents. Books.... I have a passion for OLD pattern books. the older the better but some of the ones from the 60's and 70's can be a riot. I always pick up new ideas. I have a wish list for newer books. I do not have any magazine subscriptions.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
As many as I can. I can use any information that will help me try new things or get better at things I already know.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not at this time. I am working on crocheting socks and slippers. Size 8 1/2 wide .... Shoe size, I'll measure later
23. When is your birthday?
April 8th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
nope.... not sure about it yet.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.