4/5/10

The problem with ethics.

I am not the best worker, nor am I the fastest but if you give me a job I will do my best to see it through. I have gotten on my knees with scrubbies and paper towels to clean baseboards that will never see the light of day and gotten them truly clean. I have helped friends clean ovens and toilets and pet stained carpets. All of these things I do to the best of my ability when asked. Give me a list of jobs and as long as I understand the requirements I will complete them all and do it with a smile... OK I might whine a little but I won't leave a job half done. People that take a job should be willing to do the job. People that hire others should be able to clearly define the duties and responsibilities that go along with employment. In the job that I am currently at there are very few that meet the requirements I have of being a good employee or employer. I have felt myself wanting to give in to slacker-hood due to the attitudes of those around me. I am most happy when I do a good job and am appreciated for doing so. It seems to me that most of my cow-orkers do not share my opinions on this.
Rant rant rant.
I ended up getting called to be "on call" for Easter Sunday due to the person scheduled not getting gas before the weekend. I had worked the night before but I still said yes. I then get a call today because the person on the schedule had still not been able to get gas. This person lives far enough out of town that I could see this being a problem but there are people that could have either brought some to where it was needed or brought this person into town. I had to say no for today as my creature is off school, otherwise I would have gotten even more hours than I already have and this person would have owed me a(nother) favor. I was hoping to work around 20 hours a week and I normally end up with closer to 30 due to covering for other people... Am I stupid or just easy?

Comments and questions welcome if positive thoughts motivate.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.