4/21/10

Now where were we...

Since my last post Boss has had surgery to remove Gall Stones, I have a date for my surgery, Cowgirl got kicked by a horse and I have gotten almost completely fed up.
Boss has annoyed me in so many ways that I am having a hard time pretending to be happy at work. First, I sold my old car to them with the plan of getting a payment from them every paycheck. The car was not in perfect shape but they were informed of it's problems and Boss's partner has some mechanical skill. This past week they drove it so hard the CV joint cracked and needs to be replaced asap. In order to pay for this Boss asked if I could wait on this payment. I said OK since I know what it is like to need to have something repaired. After this I find out that Partner found money on the ground while buying beer for Boss. On top of this I hear that Partner was RACING the car when the problem happened. Besides having money to buy beer they have money to buy their preffered brands of cigarettes by the pack no less. There are now three employees living in the same house with Boss, paying rent and bills... Where the f**k is the money going. Why can I not get a payment that was agreed on when there are 4 paychecks going into that household?
Second... I am not supposed to work days. Saturday I was scheduled to work in the evening and was doing things with my family when I get a call. The truck won't start so Boss needs me to cover the day shift. I assume that calls have been made to other employees before me so I say fine since no one else can do it I will. This screws my entire weekend time with the family but what can you do. I then find out that the truck was flooded because it was being used to bog around during the rains the night before. I also hear that I was the first person to be called, not the last. How did I get to be the doormat.
Third... Last night... I had twisted my ankle a bit and jammed my toe as well. I was hoping it would be OK by the time my shift started but it hadn't. I went in to make sure that I could get it covered while doing what I could to make sure the store wasn't short staffed. I am told that I can call a few people to find someone to cover for me. I proceed to call as many people as I can. Cowgirl and Angry responded. Neither of them could do it but they at least had the courtesy to return my calls. I am now annoyed with almost all of the people that I work with. I also had to close the store in pain and angry. Rapper tried to do as much as possible to help but I still had a screaming headache and trouble walking at the end of the night (which was 1am).
Fourth... Ghost was fired for a really stupid reason which leaves us short again. Boss hired Hippie chick to replace Ghost which made the 4 paychecks into Boss's house. Rapper has been written up for trying to get things done. Pinky has been demoted for something stupid. Sweets is quitting in a few weeks. I can't work for at least 3 weeks after surgery and that is in 2 weeks. Now I am wondering what else Boss can screw up.

On another note I got someone at a local hotel fired for lying. She was at the counter when I was delivering to a room. I apologized and told her I would bring her a discount card as soon as I could. I went back to the store to find out that she had called to complain. She told Big Boss that she had not been getting cards at all and I got in trouble. I also had to deliver the Pizza that Big Boss comped her. I deliver this and ask if she has any of the cards at all and she tells me no. I can tell she is covering something so I hold on to this info until the next day when I deliver to that hotel again. I talk to one of the other desk people and find out that the problem person claimed that she paid for the pizza. She had also only been working there for a little over a week so would not have had time to collect the right number of cards let alone have enough deliveries without cards. This is the last straw as she had also been causing other problems so my actions indirectly led to her getting canned. I hate liars. Really hate liars.

As for my surgery it is scheduled for the 3rd of may and I will be in the hospital for at least 3 days. Wish me luck.
I am likely leaving out some rant worthy incident but this is more than enough for today.

Comments welcome as usual

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy cow honey!! You weren't kidding that this was the best way to keep up with your world! You have more patience than I do. I'dve probably killed someone by now, or quit - or both! *hugs*

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.