3/10/08

Simple yet satisfying.



**Edit**
Pictures (=
** end edit**
Ah-ha. I have a pattern to post, yet because the google servers and unhappy right now I can't put up the pictures yet. The pattern is very simple and I will happily repost it when I can do so with pictures.
Moms short stole pattern.
Measures approximately 2' x 4.5' when finished.
First, grab 3 or 4 skeins of worsted weight yarn (I used a fun fuzzy acrylic variegated I was given recently) and your favorite J (6.0mm) hook.
Chain 77 fairly loosely, then chain 3 more (total of 80 chains)
Row 1... dc in the 4th chain from the hook. Do a total of 77 dc into the chain, chain 3 and turn.
Row 2... dc across (total of 77 dc) ch 3 and turn.
Row 3...One dc in top loop of the first stitch, ch 1 skip 1 and dc in the top loop of next stitch. (creating and open space) continue to ch 1 skip 1 and dc in top loop across. ch 3 and turn.
Row 4 through 9, repeat row 3
Row 10, 11 repeat row1.
Repeat these rows until you have 7 (or more) sections of open work and end in 2 rows of solid dc.
With 3 skeins I got seven sections easily. If you want more sections I suggest figuring on 3 sections per skein. No, I didn't do a gauge swatch...Sorry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh very cute! Too bad I'm not much of a crocheter yet :( It's so good to see you making things again - must mean life is at least a little bit more calm! :D

Unknown said...

Ooo it's pretty *wants to touch* I like the colors - they're all soft and stuff ;)

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hello! I haven't been blogging as much as I used to, but wanted to stop in and say hello!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.